Georgia Genealogical Society: Volunteers Urgently Needed
1. Person or persons to edit the webinars to eliminate dead time and other issues to create a better product to listen to. Person will retrieve the files from Dropbox, convert from wmv format to MP4, edit them, and then upload to the GGS Vimeo account . We have a large backlog so this is urgent.
2. People willing to be trained to conduct/moderate webinars online since it works better with two people from GGS to be online with the presenter. One can answer questions and work on technical issues that might arise while the other person takes care of speaking online and working with the presenter.
3. Volunteers to serve on a planning committee to focus on multiple areas of education to meet the requests coming in from members, libraries, from societies and from the Board. Meetings will be online so driving will not be required. We hope to get input from GGS members from throughout the country. We are looking for people who have ideas and opinions about what will help GGS serve its educational mission
- Society Education – There needs to be education for societies similar to what FGS does in helping local societies build stronger organizations and they need GGS to also provide educational opportunities for their members.
- Board Education – some time ago the Board requested more training on how to be effective board members and different technology and tools to make their jobs as GGS board members easier.
- Webinars – one person to oversee all the elements of presenting the webinars and developing multiple people who can serve as moderators for the webinars. Webinars includes planning and scheduling the webinars, and getting them uploaded to Vimeo to be available to our members.
No great expertise in genealogy is required, so do not feel you are not “expert” enough to help. This committee does require an application that is attached to be filled out. Representatives from societies in Georgia are especially encouraged to participate We need to find creative ways to educate more people in cost effective ways as Education is one of the largest budget items for GGS and growing annually. Deadline for application to serve on Education Planning Committee isFebruary 14, 2016. We will start meeting online in early March in the evenings.